Last modified: February 10, 2023
Prior Update: September 16, 2020
North Beam, Inc., a Delaware company (“Northbeam”, “Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Notice. This Notice describes how we collect, use, protect, disclose and process information about visitors to our website (our “Website”) and business customers who interact with Us, and use Our data analytics platform and services (collectively “Services”).
Our Website and Services are designed for enterprise customers and their representatives. We do not offer Our Services for use by individuals for their personal, family or household purposes. Accordingly, we treat all personal information we collect as pertaining to individuals in their capacities as representatives of the relevant enterprise and not their individual capacities. Note, however, that our business customers may transmit personal information to us as part of the Services we provide. This Notice does not apply to such personal information that we process on behalf of our business customers. Our use of this personal information is restricted by our agreements with those business customers. If you have concerns regarding personal information that we process on behalf of a business, please review their Privacy Notice and direct your concerns to that business. In addition, we may also collect, generate, use and disclose aggregate, anonymous, and other non-identifiable data related to our Services, which is not personal information subject to this Notice.
Please read this Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website and Services. By accessing or using Our Website, and Services, you agree to this Notice. This Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of Our Website and Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Notice periodically for updates.
Table of Contents
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Data Security
- Information for California and Other US Residents
- Notice to European Users
- Changes to Our Privacy Notice
- Contact Information
Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide To Us
- Business and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service or an event you register for.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as emails and information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Transaction information, such as information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and any information you provide when you engage with our communications.
Information We Collect Through Automation Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website and use our Services, We, our Service Providers and third-party sources may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
Online activity data, such as details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
Device Data, such as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. We may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, estimate our audience size and usage patterns, serve you targeted ads and recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of our Website.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To communicate with you, e.g., via text message, e-mail, postal mail, and/or phone, with notices or updates about the services that you are receiving from service providers listed on our Website.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To respond to requests, questions and feedback.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas, investigations or requests from government authorities.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
Marketing and advertising. We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
Disclosure of Your Personal information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Notice to the following categories of third parties for the reasons described below:
Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries, and affiliates, for purposes consistent with this Privacy Notice.Service Providers, processors, contractors and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
Business transfers. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Partners. We may sometimes share your personal information with partners or enable partners to collect information directly via our Service.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
To other third parties:
To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
To enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users including those located in Europe. California, Virginia and other US residents can find additional information about their rights in the section entitled Information for California and Other US Residents.
Data Subject Rights. To request access to, correct, transfer, object to, withdraw consent or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, you can email us at you may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail at North Beam, Inc. 1600 East Franklin Ave, Suite D, El Segundo, CA 90245. With regard to your account, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Appeal Process. If we refuse to take action on your request, you may appeal this refusal within a reasonable period after you have received notice of the refusal. You may file an appeal by contacting us via the email address above.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website or a secure link, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and/or the secure link confidential. We ask you not to share your password or secure link with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features (including the live chat feature), register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your Personal information only for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
The Website is hosted in the United States. If you choose to use the Website from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from the laws of the United States of America, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States of America for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States of America to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Website. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Website, you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
In respect of any transfer of personal information processed on behalf of our business customers outside the EU, EEA or UK, we will offer to enter into the European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, or such other equivalent clauses issued by the applicable country.
Information for California and Other US Residents
Various privacy laws in the United States such as California Privacy Rights Act (‘CPRA’) and Virginia Commonwealth Data Protection Act (‘CDPA’) give individuals certain rights regarding the Personal Information that businesses collect and process about them. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your personal information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected;
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling and/or sharing personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we disclose personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we sold, disclosed, or shared for a business purpose; and
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, shared or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Access. You can request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the personal information that we have collected from you.
- Correction. You can ask us to correct inaccurate personal information that we have collected about you.
- Opt-out. You can request to opt-out of disclosures of your personal information that constitute “selling” or “sharing” of your personal information as defined in the CCPA.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination as prohibited by the CCPA.
Exercising your right to information, access, correction, opt-out and deletion. You may submit requests to exercise these rights via email to email@example.com or mail at North Beam, Inc. 1600 East Franklin Ave, Suite D, El Segundo, CA 90245.
Notice of right to opt-out of the “selling” or “sharing” of your Personal Information. We do not sell your personal information. However, like many companies, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you. Our use of some of these services may be classified under California law as a “sharing” your personal information (including your business and personal contact information, device data, and online activity data described in the “Personal Information We Collect” section above) with the advertising partners that provide the services.
Verification of identity; authorized agents. We may use information we already have on you to identify you before acknowledging your request. You may designate an authorized agent, in writing or through a power of attorney, to request to exercise your privacy rights on your behalf. The authorized agent may submit a request to exercise these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal information that we collect, use and disclose. The chart below summarizes the personal information we collect by reference to the categories of personal information specified in the CCPA and CPRA and describes our practices currently and during the 12 months preceding the effective date of this Notice. Information you voluntarily provide to us, such as in free-form web forms, may contain other categories of personal information not described below.
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, telephone or mobile contact number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, and other similar identifiers.
- Personal information as defined in the California customer records law, such as name and contact information
- Commercial information, such as transaction information, purchase history, financial details and payment information.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as browsing history, search history, online behavior, interest data, and interactions with our and other websites and applications
- Audio, electronic, visual and similar information, such as images and audio, video or call recordings created in connection with our business activities.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as job title
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information listed herein to create a profile or summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
We collect Personal information for the business purposes described in How We Use your Information above. The categories of other individuals or entities with whom we may share your Personal information are listed in Disclosure of Your Information above.
Notice to European Users
The information provided in this Notice applies only to individuals in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, and United Kingdom (collectively, “Europe”)
Personal information. References to “personal information” in this Notice is equivalent to “personal information” governed by European data protection legislation.
Controller. Northbeam is the controller of your personal information covered by this Notice for purposes of European data protection legislation.
Processor. Northbeam is a Processor with regard to personal information processed on behalf of our business customers. If you have concerns regarding personal information that we process on behalf of a business, please review their Privacy Notice and direct your concerns to that business. Business customers, please see our GDPR Commitments Statement, for more information.
Legal bases for processing. We rely on the following legal bases for processing your data described in this Notice:
- Where we need to perform a contract, we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we have your specific consent to carry out the processing for the purpose in question.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page with a notice that the Privacy Notice has been updated on the Website home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account and/or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices, contact us at: email@example.com